Under the sea…..

Sea Urchins. This was the creature that I had set my sights on for my next lithograph. Although I could have decided to depict the urchin with spines, the bare dried shell interested me more as I thought it could translate to the materials of the lithograph much more effectively.After using toner, tusche washes and some lithographic ink I scraped back into the piece to create a interesting background that was more intricate and decorative than the actual urchin, this was to create a contrasting scene with the simplistic shell. It was only after I had finished it all that the lecturer reminded me that the toner needed to be set onto the limestone surface. Luckily all was not lost and I was able to cure it with some lighter fluid that was poured over it, as to how it cures it I am not sure and my lecturer didn’t seem to be too certain either! This stone now has its first etch on and is nearly ready to be printed!

IMG_20170331_135815

Sea Urchin, nearly ready to be printed!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s